Makes approximately two dozen 2 inch cookies
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line bake sheets with parchment.
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup confectioner sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 4 ¼ oz chocolate, 65% cacao, melted
- 1 tablespoon of corn syrup
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 2oz. chocolate, melted
- Cream butter, brown sugar and confectioner sugar until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl lightly beat egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Add egg mixture to creamed butter mixture and mix to combine. Using a wooden spoon or sturdy spatula fold in flour. Chill dough for at least 45 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, place pecans, melted chocolate, heavy cream, corn syrup, and cardamom in a bowl and mix to combine.
- To assemble: Scoop out approximately 1 ½ tablespoon of dough and flatten it into one hand, then scoop out one heaping teaspoon of pecan filling and place it in the center of flatten dough. Bring the edges of the dough to the center press dough together so that it seals the filling in. Place dough stuffed cookies, seam side down on parchment lined bake sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow cookies to rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Using a mini whisk or spoon or fork, finish cookies with chocolate drizzle.