Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
Pancakes with all of the flavours of pumpkin pie! It's like having dessert for breakfast!
Servings: makes 4 medium pancakes or 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- caramel sauce or vanilla bourbon caramel sauce to taste
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves in a large bowl.
- Mix the egg, milk, pumpkin puree, butter and brown sugar in another bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt a touch of butter in it.
- Pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the mixture into the pan and cook until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.