- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 plum tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt
- Place the couscous in a medium bowl and pour 1 1/2 cups of boiling water over it. Stir, cover, and let it stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the almonds over medium heat until lightly golden, about 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Uncover the couscous and add the almonds, oil, tomato, parsley, capers, and garlic. Season the mixture with salt and fluff with a fork. Serve at room temperature.